Devision Lab Studios is driven by design. We offer a uniquely independent yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. We are looking for a Senior Motion Designer to bring our products and brand to life through animations, prototypes, and videos. You have conceptual design skills and the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
You sweat the details, have a passion for design, and an understanding of how one affects the other. You’re constantly learning and mastering new tools as a means to work towards your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, and applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design inspires you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
You will report to the Senior Design Manager in our Los Angeles office.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Create proofs of concept that enhance digital experiences and help tell stories
- Create animations and videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal projects and brand campaign work, including campaign microsites and social
- Work with designers, art directors, and copywriters to create stories through motion
- Work with designers to expand upon the brand system through motion
- Keep up with design and motion trends to keep Squarespace at the forefront of design for web.
- 5+ years of experience in Motion Design
- Portfolio of shipped work that shows motion as part of UI and UX experience
- You are an expert in After Effects and knowledge about Premiere Pro
- 3D skills in Cinema 4D or the like are a bonus
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, and motion graphics/animation
- Comfortable working alone and in collaborative cross-discipline teams
- Have an eye for detailed design and can understand a variety of aesthetics
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.